Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Righteousness for Rebels

Read:  Psalm 69 / Proverbs 8 / 1 Chron. 4 / Romans 12

 

Psalm 69:4,9 I restored that which I took not away… For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Proverbs 8:6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

1 Chronicles 4:10 Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him [Jabez] that which he requested.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

 

The Lord restored what we had taken,

And on Him our reproaches fell. 

These prophecies were not mistaken;

How deep the sorrows that they tell! 

 

Our Lord for us was sacrificed

To clothe us in His righteousness.

How right it is to live for Christ

Who died for rebels He would bless. 

 


No comments: