Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Sent to Sinners

Read:  Psalm 82 / Proverbs 21 / 1 Chron. 17 / 1 Cor. 9

 

Psalm 82:5 ~ They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Proverbs 21:29 ~ A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.

1 Chronicles 17:16 ~ And David the king came and sat before the LORD, and said, Who am I, O LORD God, and what is mine house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?

1 Corinthians 9:16 ~ Woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

 

Foundations all are out of course

As sinners spurn God’s saving grace,

Yet they shall meet the Lord by force

When they shall bow before His face.

 

But who am I, that I should be

A messenger to sinners sent? 

My Savior calls, and woe is me

If I don’t tell them to repent! 

 


No comments: