Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Gift that Christ Gave

Read:  Psalm 86 / Proverbs 25 / 1 Chron. 21 / 1 Cor. 13

 

Psalm 86:5 ~ For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Proverbs 25:25 ~ As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.

1 Chronicles 21:24 ~ King David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.

1 Corinthians 13:12 ~ For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

 

How costly was God’s Christmas Gift

That offers mercy to us all! 

Christ gave Himself to save and lift

The humble hearts who on Him call. 

 

King David purchased at full price

The temple site portraying grace,

Foreshadowing the Sacrifice

Of Jesus dying in our place. 

 


No comments: