Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Transient Treasure

Read:  Psalm 119:33-40 / Proverbs 24 / Exodus 4 / Acts 12

 

Psalm 119:37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Exodus 4:31 And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that He had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.

Acts 12:23-24 The angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory... But the word of God grew.

 

I’ve seen the transient vanity

In all this world’s treasured stuff. 

I’ve heard the fool’s insanity;

I’ve surely seen and heard enough!

 

Behold the beauty of the Lord

Who came from heaven’s highest throne!

My expectation and reward

Are found in Jesus Christ alone. 



No comments: