Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Gladly Fixed in Godly Fear

Read:  Psalm 108 / Proverbs 9 / Genesis 39 / John 18

 

Psalm 108:1 O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.

Proverbs 9:10,12 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom… If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

Genesis 39:9 Neither hath he kept back anything from me...  how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

John 18:40 Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

 

My heart is fixed!  I’ll sing His praise

With wisdom anchored in His fear.

These surely are the latter days;

Our Lord’s return is drawing near. 

 

We dare not rob the Lord by sinning

Like those who live in unbelief!

The fear of God is the beginning

Of wisdom sparing us from grief. 

 

 

No comments: