Monday, May 11, 2015

Told before the Time


"I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of My mouth, and I showed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass... I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and His Spirit, hath sent Me" (Isaiah 48:3,16).  "When the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law" (Galatians 4:4,5).

How marvelous it is to know
That God has told before the time
The future only He can show
In His prophetic Word sublime. 

The words God spoke were not concealed;
From the beginning, they were plain. 
Our Lord's redemption was revealed,
Fulfilled when Jesus Christ was slain. 

The prophets told the time and place   
When Christ would come as David's Seed,
Redeeming us with saving grace
To meet the sinner's greatest need. 

O Lord, before the time, You told
The hidden future openly. 
How joyfully we now behold
Your truth fulfilled in prophecy!  


No comments: