Sunday, May 24, 2015

Rejoicing in the Robe


"Sing unto the LORD, bless His name; show forth His salvation from day to day... O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness" (Psalm 96:9).  "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels" (Isaiah 61:10).  "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice" (Philippians 4:4). 

Rejoice and sing now to the Lord,
And bless His name with jubilation. 
Let Christ our Savior be adored
Who clothes us with His great salvation. 

The beauty of His holiness
Has covered our iniquity.   
How gladly now do we confess
That Christ is Lord eternally! 

Our Savior took away the gloom
Replacing it with saving grace. 
Soon, as a bride who meets her groom,
We shall rejoice to see His face! 

Rejoicing in the robe You gave,
O Lord, we thank You for the price
You paid upon the cross to save  
And clothe us by Your sacrifice!  


No comments: