Sunday, May 17, 2015

Song of the Saved


"I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever... mercy and truth shall go before Thy face.  Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound... In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted" (Psalm 89:1,14-16).  "Break forth into singing... with great mercies will I gather thee" (Isaiah 54:1,7).  "God, for Christ's sake, hath forgiven you" (Ephesians 4:32). 

I sing of mercies from the Lord
And truth that went before His face. 
Salvation I could not afford
Was freely given by His grace. 

I know salvation's joyful sound
As I rejoice in Christ my Savior. 
My righteousness from Him is found;
There is no other saving favor. 

The song of praise shall not be halted
That lifts the name of Jesus Christ.
He shall be evermore exalted
Who for my sake was sacrificed! 

Lord, hopeless, helpless, and depraved,  
I found my refuge in Your love.
I'll sing the new song of the saved
Both now and evermore above!  


1 comment: