Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cross of Christ


"Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" (Psalm 85:10).  "The ransom of a man's life are his riches" (Proverbs 13:8 ).  "I gave My back to the smiters, and My cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not My face from shame and spitting" (Isaiah 50:6).  "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Galatians 6:14). 

Praise God for the cross of our Savior
Where mercy and truth tell their story,
Where righteousness kisses with favor
God's peace, magnifying His glory! 

How great was our ransom thus written
By which God extended His grace: 
The back of our Lord would be smitten,  
With spitting and shame in His face! 

Our Savior has suffered and died
For sinners so lost and defiled,
For there was His law satisfied
And rebels were thus reconciled. 

We glory alone in the cross
On which You redeemed us, O Christ! 
You purged our transgressions as dross
When You were the Lamb sacrificed!  


No comments: