Saturday, May 09, 2015

Welcoming Wisdom


"My people would not hearken to My voice... they walked in their own counsels" (Psalm 81:11,12).  "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom... If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself" (Proverbs 9:10,12).   "Remember the former things of old: for I am God... Declaring the end from the beginning... saying, My counsel shall stand" (Isaiah 46:9,10).  "I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:20). 

There is a counsel we should cherish: 
The welcomed wisdom of God's voice,
Yet those opposing Him will perish
By counsels of their foolish choice. 

We find our wisdom in the fear
That seeks the Lord who hears our cries,
That trusts in Christ who draws us near,
And finds the truth that makes us wise. 

Remembering the things of old,
The prophecies which were fulfilled
Declare the things that were foretold,
Exactly as the Lord has willed. 

We're welcoming Your wisdom, Lord,
For there is no one else like You
Who gave Yourself as our Reward
And loved us with a love so true!  


No comments: