Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hearing or Hardening

"Today if ye will hear His voice, harden not your heart" (Psalm 95:7,8).  "My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26).  "In My favor have I had mercy on thee" (Isaiah 60:10).  "The peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:7).

Today the Lord still gives the choice 
To either hear Him or be hardened. 
All those who yet will hear His voice
And trust in Jesus shall be pardoned. 

The Lord calls us to give our hearts
And let our eyes observe His ways.
How great the grace is He imparts
And favor that He thus displays! 

The Lord will guard the hearts and minds
Of all who humbly seek His favor.
The peace of God a sinner finds
Is found by trusting Christ our Savior. 

We thank You, Lord, for saving grace
For those who come with hearing ears. 
May hardened hearts now seek Your face
To be delivered from their fears!  


No comments: