Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thoughtfully Thankful


"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD... O LORD, how great are Thy works!  And Thy thoughts are very deep" (Psalm 92:1-5).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).  "Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I...  revive the heart of the contrite ones" (Isaiah 57:15).  "I thank my God...  that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1:3-6). 

It's good to occupy our mind
With thoughtfulness about the Lord
To thank Him for His works so kind
For which He ought to be adored. 

For none can cleanse the heart from sin
Apart from Jesus Christ our Savior.
Though He is high, He enters in
To humble hearts who seek His favor. 

Give thanks to God who will complete
The work He has begun by grace
Until in heaven we shall meet
Our gracious Savior face to face!   

We come, Lord, with a thankful heart
As thoughtfully we comprehend
That You will finish what You start  
In those whom You by grace defend.  


No comments: