Sunday, April 21, 2013

Directing our Delight

“I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  Therefore my heart is glad” (Psalm 16:8,9).  “A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way” (Proverbs 21:29).  “Behold My Servant, whom I uphold; Mine Elect, in whom My soul delighteth; I have put My Spirit upon Him: He shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles” (Isaiah 42:1).  “Our Lord Jesus Christ…in His times… shall show who is… the King of kings and Lord of lords… to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen” (1 Timothy 6:14-16).

 
There is a single resting place
Where we may set our heart’s delight: 
Upon the Lord, our  Source of grace,
Our Refuge every day and night. 
 
We dare not turn away our glance
And set our hope in other things.
Our hope is not in circumstance,
But in our Lord, the King of kings! 
 
Upon the Lord we set our heart,
That One by whom we have been pardoned.
Let all distractions now depart
By which we vainly may be hardened!
 
Behold God’s Servant and our Savior: 
The Father’s joy in Him is full!
He brings to us salvation’s favor
And satisfies the longing soul!
 
Behold Him now at God’s right hand,
And yet at our right hand as well. 
We love Him as we understand
That He has rescued us from hell.
 
His love has surely thus been proved;
He loved His own until the end,
And therefore we shall not be moved,
For Christ is our Defense and Friend.  
 
Our focus rightly is directed
To Jesus Christ, the Lord of lords.
His work in us shall be perfected:
What confidence He thus affords! 
 
O Lord, we know You’ll show in time,
When every mocking tongue is halted,
That Your name only is sublime
When You supremely are exalted. 
 
O Lord, that time shall surely come,
Yet now before that day’s arrival,
Our daily joy is flowing from
Delight in You that brings revival.
 
 

No comments: