Monday, April 22, 2013

Counsel of His Calling

“As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness” (Psalm 17:15).  “Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth?” (Proverbs 22:20,21).  “Beside Me there is no savior... I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins” (Isaiah 43:11,25).  “For God… hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began” (2 Timothy 1:7,9). 

We see the purpose God has planned
Through His amazing grace:
To blamelessly before Him stand
And thus behold His face. 

How wonderful His calling is
That gives such certainty
To His redeemed who thus are His
For all eternity!

He purged our sins for His own sake
To grant this expectation:
To be like Him when we awake,
Made righteous through salvation. 

Exactly as He prophesied,
Christ carried out His plan:
He saw it and was satisfied
Before the world began. 

Besides You, Lord, there is no savior;
There is no saving path
To righteously extend Your favor
And rescue us from wrath.

Uphold us in our calling, Lord,
To make Your Gospel known,
So others, too, make look toward
The blessings You have shown!


No comments: