Friday, August 04, 2006

Way of the Word

"Teach me, O Lord, the way of Thy statutes, and I shall keep it unto the end.... Stablish Thy Word unto Thy servant, who is devoted to Thy fear" (Psalm 119:33,38). "The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.... Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil" (Proverbs 4:18,19,26,27).

Teach me, O Lord, in the way of Your Word,
And let all my ways be established therein.
For why should I wander from what I have heard,
To stumble in darkness and wallow in sin?

For the path of the justified shines as the light
That shines more and more till the fullness of day.
Your will is the center, not left, neither right,
And that is the path I would walk all the way.

No comments: