Saturday, August 19, 2006

Qualifying the Quickening

"Quicken me according to Thy word.... Quicken me according to Thy judgments.... Quicken me, O Lord, according to Thy lovingkindness" (Psalm 119:154,156,159).

Quicken me, O Lord, according to Your word:
Help me be obedient to all that I have heard.
Let Your Holy Spirit bring to light what You have said.
Quicken me lest should sleep alongside of the dead.

Quicken me, O Lord, in judgment to discern
The things that You would daily have my heart to learn.
Let Your Holy Spirit in Your fear thus make me wise.
Quicken me to understand Your truth with opened eyes.

Quicken me, O Lord, according to Your love,
To set all my affections on the things of Christ above.
Let Your Holy Spirit draw me close by Your love story.
Quicken me to love You more and give You all the glory.

No comments: