Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Discerning my Desire

"I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches" (Psalm 119:14). "Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.... So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonah, lovest thou Me more than these?" (John 21:10,15).

Jesus bids me, "Come and dine."
Reminding me as we recline,
That I am His and He is mine,
And none can quench love's fire.

Temporal pleasures, luxuries,
With all this world's treasuries,
"Do you love me more than these?"
I hear my Lord inquire.

Let all the world's riches fade,
With all its passing, vain parade!
Let all my hope in Christ be stayed,
With all my heart's desire!

Do you love Me more than these?
I am ashamed at what He sees!
Yet I will go down on my knees,
That He may lift me higher.

No comments: