Thursday, August 17, 2006

Despite the Despised

"Thy word is very pure: therefore Thy servant loveth it. I am small and despised: yet do not I forget Thy precepts.... Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Thy law is the truth.... The righteousness of Thy testimonies is everlasting" (Psalm 119:140-144).

Despite the fact that I am small
And I may be despised,
Your word is pure, and that is all
That should be emphasized.

Lord, You are righteous, though I'm not,
In all that You have said.
I will not trust my wavering thought;
I'll trust in You instead.

Those who do not want to see
May choose to turn their eyes
To failure and hypocrisy
In those whom they despise.

But Your truth does not depend
On those who sometimes fail.
It rests on You, and in the end
Your word, Lord, shall prevail.

No comments: