Monday, August 07, 2006

Turned to His Testimonies

"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60). "God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities" (Acts 3:26).

I thought, Lord, on my ways, and found upon reflection,
Whenever my heart strays, I forfeit Your protection.
Yet I find a refuge sweet, in Your Word when I obey.
So I turn my erring feet, to Your truth without delay.

WHAT was I thinking of? WHERE did I lose my song?
WHY did I doubt Your love? WHEN were You ever wrong?
HOW can such foolishness, still lead my soul astray
From Christ WHO came to bless, and take my sin away?

Your testimonies sure, in every situation,
Are altogether pure, the light of Your salvation.
And so I'll heed that light, and guide my feet thereby,
Esteeming Your Word right, and unbelief a lie.

No comments: