Monday, August 14, 2006

Hide in Here!

"I hate vain thoughts: but Thy law do I love. Thou art my Hiding Place and my Shield: I hope in Thy Word" (Psalm 119:113,114). "Seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not things on the earth. For...your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3).

I hate the thoughts of vanity
That fill me with distractions.
They waste my time and energy
On worldly attractions.

Where then shall I run and hide?
What refuge can I find?
They come at me from every side
To battle with my mind.

Now I hear You bid me, Lord,
To hide myself in You;
To meditate upon Your Word;
So virtuous and true.

You say to seek those things above,
And not the things of earth;
To love the things that You will love
That have eternal worth.

And so I'll gladly heed Your voice:
When You say, "Hide in here!"
I'll hide in Christ, and there rejoice,
In love and godly fear.

No comments: