Sunday, August 06, 2006

Reviving my Remembering

"Remember the word unto Thy servant, upon which Thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy word hath quickened me... I have remembered Thy judgments of old, O Lord, and have comforted myself... I have remembered Thy name, O Lord, in the night" (Psalm 119:49,52,55).

Remember, Lord, Your word upon which I rely.
I know that sounds absurd; I know You cannot lie!
You have not failed yet; I know You never will.
I know You won't forget; each promise You'll fulfill.

So now that we've rehearsed Your faithful reputation,
The point is now reversed, to view my dedication:
Do I remember You, recalling Your affliction?
Your faithfulness so true, now fills me with conviction!

That's why the bread and wine, were given to us all,
Because we are inclined to forget and not recall!
Forgive forgetfulness, so often seen in me,
And in Your faithfulness, revive my memory!

No comments: