Friday, August 11, 2006

Settled Servant

"Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: Thou hast established the earth, and it abideth. They continue this day according to Thine ordinances: for all are Thy servants.... I am Thine, save me.... I have seen an end of all perfection: but Thy commandment is exceeding broad" (Psalm 119:89-96).

Lord, settled in heaven and serving on earth
Are all Your commandments that order creation.
There's only one creature that questions the worth
Of Your perfect will and of Your great salvation.

That creature is man, that prideful exception,
The object of heaven's astonishing love!
Refusing to see Your commandment's perfection,
He clenches his fist against heaven above!

O Lord, I am Yours! O save me today
From this world's folly, defying You still!
Let all that I am be true to Your way
And settled forever, conformed to Your will.

No comments: