Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Holy Hands

"Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:73). "Go in the way of understanding.... The knowledge of the Holy is understanding" (Proverbs 9:6,10).

Lord, You made me with Your hands;
You fashioned me to be
A child of God who understands
What faith alone can see.

Lord, I've heard Your gracious call
Since I was heaven-born,
To search the Holiest of all:
The veil now is torn!

Here between the cherubim,
The bloodstained mercy seat
Speaks so perfectly of Him,
Where truth and mercy meet.

Here I see the Law's demands
Were fully satisfied!
Here I see why holy hands
For me were crucified!

Be still, my soul, in silent awe;
For words cannot suffice
To tell what God the Father saw
When Christ was sacrificed.

Lord, Your hands, now nail-scarred,
Have led me to this place,
To melt my heart that once was hard,
With holiness and grace.

No comments: