Thursday, February 15, 2024

Refuge in Reproof

Read:  Psalm 91 / Proverbs 15 / Esther 2 /Revelation 9

 

Psalm 91:2 ~ I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 

Proverbs 15:31,33 ~ The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise... The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility.

Esther 2:22 ~ The thing was known to Mordecai, who told it unto Esther the queen; and... certified... in Mordecai's name.

Revelation 9:20 ~ And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands.

 

How good it is to trust in God

And find our refuge in reproof

Without concern if men applaud,

Or if they scorn, or stand aloof. 

 

Like Esther who had certified

The deed done in her uncle’s name,

We show the deed of Christ who died;

He is the Refuge that we claim.   

 


No comments: