Monday, February 05, 2024

Governed by God

Read:  Psalm 81 / Proverbs 5 / Nehemiah 5 /3 John 1

 

Psalm 81:13 ~ Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!

Proverbs 5:1 ~ My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:

Nehemiah 5:15 ~ The former governors that had been before me were chargeable unto the people... and had taken of them ... but so did not I, because of the fear of God.

3 John 9 ~ I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

 

How foolishly we hearken not

When God would give us understanding! 

How vain is every stubborn thought

That does heed our Lord's commanding!

 

How wise is our obedience

To Christ as we incline our ear,

That He might have preeminence

As we are governed by His fear!  

 


No comments: