Monday, February 26, 2024

Justified by Jesus

Read:  Psalm 102 / Proverbs 26 / Job 3 /Revelation 20

 

Psalm 102:18-20 ~ From heaven did the LORD... hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those... appointed to death. 

Proverbs 26:2 ~ The curse causeless shall not come.

Job 3:25 ~ For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Revelation 20:12,15 ~ I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life... and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

 

From heaven's height our Savior heard

The captive sinner's dreadful groan. 

The curse, according to God's Word,

Demanded judgment from His throne. 

 

It was for us our Lord was smitten!

To bear our judgment Jesus died

So that our names could thus be written

With those who have been justified.  

 


No comments: