Thursday, February 29, 2024

Reason and Repentance

Read:  Psalm 119:73-80 / Proverbs 29 / Exodus 9 / Acts 17

 

Psalm 119:73 ~ Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

Proverbs 29:9 ~ If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.

Exodus 9:30 ~ But as for thee and thy servants, I know that ye will not yet fear the LORD God.

Acts 17:2,30,31 ~ Paul... reasoned with them out of the scriptures... God... commandeth all men everywhere to repent... whereof He hath given assurance unto all men.

 

The hands of God have fashioned us,

And by His Word, the truth is known. 

Yet fools reject the obvious,

Ignoring proof that God has shown. 

Like Pharaoh in his blind confusion,

The foolish never are content

To draw the logical conclusion

That should persuade them to repent.  

 


No comments: