Thursday, July 27, 2023

Proclaim His Power

Read:  Psalm 59 / Proverbs 27 / Judges 14 / Mark 16

 

Psalm 59:16,17 ~ I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy.

Proverbs 27:12 ~ A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.

Judges 14:6 ~ The Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him [Sampson], and he rent him [the lion] as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing in his hand. 

Mark 16:15,20 ~ He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature... And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen. 

 

I sing of Christ, my mighty Tower,

My risen Lord, and strong Defense

As I proclaim His saving power

And follow Him with confidence. 

 

The lion may be in the street,

The serpent may be poised to harm,

But since my Lord does not retreat,

I’ll follow Him without alarm. 

 


No comments: