Sunday, July 02, 2023

Blest Fear vs. Blind Faith

Read:  Psalm 34 / Proverbs 2 / Joshua 13 / Mat. 19

 

Psalm 34:11 ~ Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Proverbs 2:1,5 ~ My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee... then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Joshua 13:22 ~ Balaam also... did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.

Matthew 19:25-26 ~ Who then can be saved?... Jesus... said unto them... With God all things are possible.

 

The fear of God shall teach our mind

To trust Him without hesitation, 

But those who trust themselves are blind 

And still in need of His salvation.

 

The faith that's blind is surely odd,

Like Balaam's thinking, so depraved,

But fear that's blest shall trust in God

And follow Christ, by whom we're saved.  

 


No comments: