Sunday, July 09, 2023

Lying Foe vs. Loving Friend

Read:  Psalm 41 / Proverbs 9 / Joshua 20 / Mat. 26

 

Psalm 41:9,11 ~ Mine own familiar friend... which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me... I know that thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

Proverbs 9:5,12 ~ Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled… if thou scornest, thou... shalt bear it.

Joshua 20:2 ~ Appoint out for you cities of refuge... until the death of the high priest that shall be in those days.  

Matthew 26:24-28 ~ Then Judas... betrayed him... Jesus took bread, and blessed it… And he took the cup… saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is my blood… for the remission of sins.

 

Behold the lying foe betraying

Our Savior dining at His side,

Exactly as our Lord was saying

When Judas was identified. 

 

Behold the loving Friend we find

In Christ as we are sweetly able

To worship Him as we have dined

With bread and wine upon His table.  

 


No comments: