Thursday, July 06, 2023

Desire and Decision

Read:  Psalm 38 / Proverbs 6 / Joshua 17 / Mat. 23

 

Psalm 38:9,15 ~ Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee... For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Proverbs 6:20-23 ~ My son, keep thy father's commandment... For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life.

Joshua 17:12,16,18 ~ The children of Manasseh could not drive out the inhabitants of those cities; but the Canaanites would dwell in that land... Thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong. 

Matthew 23:37 ~ O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

 

The Lord has seen my heart's desire

And each decision I pursue. 

What does the Lord my God require? 

What He commands me, I would do. 

 

Let every action, word, and thought

Conform to what the Lord would choose. 

“I would”, said Christ, “and ye would not,"

To many called who yet refuse. 

 


No comments: