Friday, January 14, 2022

Wiser vs. Weaker

Read:  Psalm 106 / Proverbs 14 / 2 Chron. 12 / Galatians 4

 

Psalm 106:15 ~ And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.

Proverbs 14:1 ~ Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.

2 Chronicles 12:14 ~ And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD.

Galatians 4:9 ~ After that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

 

Sometimes the things that I request

May not be granted from God’s hand, 

For God, who surely knows me best,

Has something wiser for me planned.

 

Let me prepare to be a seeker 

Of God whose grace shall make me strong,

Forsaking things that make me weaker,

Assured that God is never wrong. 

 

 

No comments: