Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Help for Heavy Hearts

Read:  Psalm 104 / Proverbs 12 / 2 Chron. 10 / Galatians 2

 

Psalm 104:33 ~ I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

Proverbs 12:25 ~ Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

2 Chronicles 10:6 ~ King Rehoboam took counsel with the old men that had stood before Solomon his father… saying, What counsel give ye me to return answer to this people?

Galatians 2:20 ~ I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 

To Christ our risen Lord we sing,

While to the heavy hearts we give

The help His Gospel truth will bring,

Since Jesus died that we might live.

 

Christ’s life and light dispel the gloom

Where death and darkness had oppressed

As we behold His empty tomb

And by His presence we are blessed. 

 

 

No comments: