Saturday, January 11, 2020

Verified Vow

Read:  Psalm 56 / Proverbs 11 / 2 Chronicles 26 / Hebrews 8

Psalm 56:12,13 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
Proverbs 11:4 Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
2 Chronicles 26:5 And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the LORD, God made him to prosper.
Hebrews 8:10-12 This is the covenant... all shall know me... For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The vows of Christ now rest on me:
From death I am delivered now,
And I am saved eternally;
The Lord has verified His vow. 

Yet I am called to seek His face,
And as I do the Lord shall bless. 
Since now I know Him by His grace, 
How could I think of doing less? 


No comments: