Saturday, January 18, 2020

Foremost Friend

Read:  Psalm 63 / Proverbs 18 / 2 Chronicles 33 / James 2 

Psalm 63:8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
Proverbs 18:10,24 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe... and there is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
2 Chronicles 33:23 [Amon] humbled not himself before the LORD, as Manasseh his father had humbled himself.
James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God.

My Foremost Friend is Jesus Christ
Who holds me closer than a brother. 
To save me, He was sacrificed
With love unmatched by any other!

It was for me my Lord was humbled
To save me from my dreadful end
Wherein at last I would have stumbled,
If not for Christ, my Foremost Friend.  


No comments: