Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Goodness of our God

Read:  Psalm 52 / Proverbs 7 / 2 Chronicles 22 / Hebrews 4

Psalm 52:1 Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.
Proverbs 7:1-2 My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
2 Chronicles 22:3 He [Ahaziah] also walked in the ways of...  Ahab: for his mother was his counselor to do wickedly.
Hebrews 4:12 The word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing... dividing asunder of soul and spirit... a discerner of the... intents of the heart.

The goodness of our God endures 
To keep us from Satanic snares. 
The faithfulness of God secures
Our trust in all His Word declares.

We dare not follow the seduction
Of counsel that excludes our Lord.
God’s Word is true, and His instruction
Is sharper than a two-edge sword. 


No comments: