Friday, March 20, 2015

Times for Trust


"My times are in Thy hand" (Psalm 31:15).  "Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24).  "I sought Him whom my soul loveth... but I found Him not... It was but a little [while]... but I found Him whom my soul loveth: I held Him, and would not let Him go" (Song of Solomon 3:1-4).  "Then Agrippa said unto Festus, I would also hear the man [Paul] myself.  Tomorrow, said he, thou shalt hear him" (Acts 25:22). 

My times are in my Savior's hand. 
My paths are charted by His love.
That's all I need to understand
To set my heart on things above. 

In times of joy and times of sorrow
My circumstances He arranges,
For yesterday, today, tomorrow 
My Savior's mercy never changes. 

At times He seems to hide His face,
Yet that is when He draws my heart
To seek and find His deeper grace,
Assured that He will not depart. 

The Lord, for Paul, had ordered things
Exactly as He said He would
To speak to Gentiles, Jews, and kings
As only God in heaven could.

Lord, thank You for this confidence
That rests in those who learn to trust
In You alone as their Defense
Instead of frail, mortal dust. 

O Lord, the times for trust in You
Are found in every situation,
For there I find You always true,
The Hero of my soul's salvation.  


No comments: