Thursday, March 12, 2015

Shepherd and Surety


"The LORD is my Shepherd... Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me" (Psalm 23:4).  " It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart" (Ecclesiastes 7:2).  "God... now commandeth all men everywhere to repent, because He hath appointed a day in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead" (Acts 17:30,31). 

The Lord is my Shepherd and Surety too,
Providing assurance wherever He leads. 
In all of life's pathways He's faithful and true,
Directing my steps as He's meeting my needs.

My days on this earth will soon come to an end;
The shadow of death in that valley draws near.
My Shepherd is with me, my unfailing Friend,
Assuring me there is no reason to fear. 

My Shepherd is risen and evermore lives! 
He purged all my sins and He saved me from wrath,
Yet those who refuse the salvation He gives
Shall meet Him as Judge at the end of life's path. 

It's better to go where they mourn the departed
Than feast with crowd who forgets about death,
For God is reproving the sinners hard-hearted,
Who draw near eternity with every breath. 

My Shepherd who suffered and died in my place
Now offers His mercy to those who will turn. 
The Gospel of Christ is extending His grace,
Which all may receive, yet some choose to spurn.   

Lord, thank You for leaving Your glorious throne,
To lay down Your life as my Shepherd and Savior!
You now are my Surety, saving Your own,
Though still You must judge those rejecting Your favor.  


No comments: