Monday, September 01, 2014

Earnest Expectation


“Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ… According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that… Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:6,20,21). 

I have an earnest expectation
That, when my life on earth is done,
The Lord who authored my salvation
Shall finish what He has begun. 

In Christ is all my confidence;
He shelters me through all the storms. 
He shows His wounds in my defense
And finishes what He performs. 

In both my life and in my death
May Jesus Christ be magnified! 
He lived for me with every breath;
For me upon the cross He died.

For me to live is Jesus Christ;
Without Him, life is surely vain.
Let life for Him be sacrificed
And death for Him be counted gain. 

Lord, thank You for Your precious Word
With expectations You imparted,
By which I’m earnestly assured
That You will finish what You started.

With earnest expectation, Lord,
I see the finish line ahead,   
And there I see the great Reward:
To be with YOU, as You have said!  


No comments: