Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Savior of Sinners


"I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength... Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great" (Psalm 18:1,35).  "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1 Timothy 1:15). 

The Lord is my strength and salvation,
The Savior who rescued my soul. 
He died for my justification;
He paid my redemption in full. 

Christ Jesus came down from above;
He knew what would come on His path.   
He made me the object of love,
And He was the Object of wrath. 

He drank all my curse from the cup,
The wrath for my sin God must hate. 
His right hand is holding me up;
How gently the Lord made me great!

How faithfully true is the saying
That Christ came to ransom the lost!
He knew then the price He'd be paying,
Yet counted my soul worth the cost!

I love You, Christ Jesus my Savior,
For all of the reasons You came.
You sheltered my soul with Your favor,
And bore on the cross all my shame!

I love You, for You loved me first,
O Savior of sinners like me! 
I love You because You were cursed
That I might be blest and set free! 

O Savior of sinners, I'm here
For such a short time in this place. 
Eternity daily draws near,
So send me to speak of Your grace.  


No comments: