Friday, September 26, 2014

Faithful when Forsaken


“When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up” (Psalms 27:10).  “Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world… At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me… Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me… And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen” (2 Timothy 4:10-18). 

Though I may be forsaken here
By friendships that I found were frail,
The Lord is faithful and is near: 
I know that that He will never fail.

Though father, mother, brother, friend,
Have each become at last my foe,
The Lord’s compassion does not end;
His love shall never let me go. 

Though Demas in the work partook
With Paul to serve the King of kings,
The time had come when he forsook
Paul’s partnership for earthly things. 

As Paul observed, he was forsaken
By all when answering God’s call,
Yet through it all he was not shaken,
For God stood with him through it all. 

These things are written for my good
That I may find my strength in God,
So I may trust Him as I should,
Though all forsake, and none applaud. 

O Lord, Your counsel is sublime! 
You bring Your comfort in due season
So I may trust You all the time,
Since You have given ample reason!  

Lord, thank You for the love You’ve shown!   
Though all forsake me, You will not. 
I trust Your faithfulness alone: 
I’ve found in You the rest I sought! 


No comments: