Sunday, March 30, 2014

Reviewing the Reasons


“I will love thee, O LORD… The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my Strength, in whom I will trust; my Buckler, and the Horn of my Salvation, and my High Tower... Who is worthy to be praised” (Psalm 18:2,3).  “Every word of God is pure: He is a Shield unto them that put their trust in Him” (Proverbs 30:5).  “The Son of man came… to give His life a ransom for many” (Matthew 20:28). 

How many reasons can I see
To love my Savior, Christ the Lord? 
The list goes on eternally, 
Which in His Word, may be explored! 

My Rock, my Fortress, my Defender,
My God, my Strength in whom I trust,
Now guards me with His love so tender
And shall when kingdoms turn to dust. 

He is the Horn of my Salvation
Who thrusts my enemy away,
My Tower, high in elevation,
And there is so much more to say!

He shields me with every word,
For not one promise ever fails. 
He renders every doubt absurd,
For every prophecy prevails! 

My Savior came in His due season,
To pay my ransom’s price in full. 
He loved me!  That’s the only reason
He laid His life down for my soul! 

Lord, thank You for Your wondrous love
Compelling You to come to earth,
Descending from Your throne above
To Bethlehem in lowly birth. 

The reasons, Lord, for loving You
Continue evermore to mount
As I consider and review
Your mercies, more than I count!

In view of reasons that exhaust
My comprehension of Your ways,
Lord, help me to persuade the lost,
To thus repent and give You praise! 


No comments: