Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lifter and Light


“Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.  But Thou, O LORD, art a Shield for me; my Glory, and the Lifter up of mine head.  I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and He heard me out of His holy hill.” (Psalm 3:2-4).  “The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath” (Proverbs 15:24).  “Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 5:13-16). 

Though many would say of my soul:
There’s no help for him in his God,
They’re blind to His blessings so full,
And so their perspective is flawed. 

They don’t know that Christ is my Shield,
My Glory who lifts up my head. 
They can’t see my soul has been healed;
They look on the surface instead. 

They say there’s no cause to rejoice;
It’s plain that they never have met
The Lord, who I know heard my voice,
Since they have not called on Him yet. 

The way of true life is above;
On Christ I am fixing my eyes.  
I’m lifting my head to His love
And hearing His counsel so wise! 

The Lord Jesus whom we exalt
Now bids us draw near to His throne
And calls on earth to be salt
And light that is making Him known. 

The salt is creating a thirst
For Christ and His justification.
The light shows that sinners are cursed,
Yet also reveals salvation.

O Lord, You’re the Lifter and Light,
Of all who have called on Your name! 
Our sins are removed from Your sight,
And we have been rescued from shame! 

Lord, help us draw others to You,
That they may be lifted and saved
From vain things to things that are true
With blessings for which they have craved!

Lord, thank You for lifting our face
And shining Your light on our path! 
We go forth proclaiming Your grace
That lifted our souls from Your wrath!  


No comments: