Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Paths of Pity


“Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy… Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:2,18).  “When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path…. refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.  I cried unto Thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living” (Psalm 142:3-5).  “I have led thee in right paths… The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day… The way of the wicked is as darkness” (Proverbs 4:11,18,19).  “Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Thy judgments” (Revelation 16:7). 

We know the Lord our God is holy
Who dwells between the cherubim,  
Yet He gives grace now to the lowly,  
Commanding us to be like Him.

He leads us forth to love our neighbor
As our own selves in every case,
Reflecting thus the loving labor
Of Christ who saved our souls by grace. 

We do not need to look too far
To see examples of such love
When we remember what we are
And why He came down from above!  

He loved our souls when no one cared;  
He looked with pity on our path.
He heard our cry when we despaired
And saved us from eternal wrath! 

By Christ we’re led in paths of pity
To reach those who in darkness roam. 
He leads us to a brighter city,
Which now, by grace, we claim as home. 

O Lord, the path to heaven’s land,
Which we, by faith, can see ahead,
Grows brighter as we understand,
That to Your presence we are led!

We know Your judgments, Lord, are true,
And sin, at last, must be requited,
Yet all our sins were laid on You,
And in You we are not indicted!

O Lord, as we are on the way,
Assured of heaven’s destination,
With pity, as it’s called TODAY,
We plead with souls who need salvation.  


No comments: