Thursday, March 27, 2014

Looking Just to my Lord Jesus


“My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth Me” (Proverbs 27:11).  “A voice out of the cloud… said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him… And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only” (Matthew 17:5-8). 

A voice from heaven to my soul
Has spoken in the clearest tone,
And though it wasn’t audible,
God surely made His comfort known. 

The Word of God conveys His voice,
Which God allows my heart to hear
To stir my spirit to rejoice
As He reminds me He is near. 

Beholding thus my Savior’s beauty,
Now quieted, I hear Him speak.  
I’m drawn by love, not merely duty,
To Christ exalted, yet so meek. 

My Father knows that I am one
Who is distracted easily. 
He calls me to behold His Son
And hear Him as He speaks to me. 

As on the mount where Christ was speaking
To Moses and Elijah then,
He shows me who I should be seeking:
My Lord alone, not mortal men! 

As others have departed now,
I lift my eyes to Christ above,
And see Him only as I bow,
Astonished at His wondrous love. 

I sense my Savior’s gentle touch;
He tells me not to be afraid.
I scarcely understand how much
The Lord for my redemption paid! 

Lord, thank You for this hallowed place
Where I approach on holy ground
To lift my eyes and see Your face
Where fullest joy and peace are found! 

O Lord, there’s no one else like You
Who can impart such perfect peace! 
Your mercies everyday are new;
Your lovingkindness does not cease!

I thank You, Lord, my God and Savior,
For saving me from condemnation,
And still I’m drawing from Your favor
To preach Your Gospel of salvation.  

2 comments:

Doc MacKay said...

He has changed your lIfe Dave...what a God!

Quiet Time Poems said...

Soli Deo Gloria! He knew we would never come looking for Him (Psalm 14) any more than Adam would in the Garden... so He came to seek and to save us. Indeed, brother. What a Savior!