Friday, March 28, 2014

Running to our Rescue


“Aaron… ran into the midst of the congregation… and made an atonement for the people.  And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed” (Numbers 16:47,48).  “Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope” (Psalm 16:9).  “For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost” (Matthew 18:11).  

It was through sin the plague began
Which would destroy the congregation,
But Aaron, with atonement, ran
And stayed the plague with God’s salvation. 

He stood between the dead and living,
And thus portrayed our Lord and Savior. 
This illustration God was giving
Foreshadowed thus His saving favor.

The plague of sin is in our midst;
Yet many will not count the cost!
The Lord, whom sinners still resist,
Now stands between the saved and lost!

How greatly does my heart rejoice,
My soul and flesh are glad as well,
That Christ has offered me the choice
To trust in Him, escaping hell! 

For me my Lord was sacrificed;
There was no other saving path. 
I praise my Savior Jesus Christ
Who ran to rescue me from wrath!

O Lord, I see You stand between
The souls who have eternal life
And those in death, unsaved, unclean,
Exchanging peace for hopeless strife! 

O Lord, I thank You that You came
To save me from eternal loss!
You ran to rescue me from shame
By dying on that awful cross! 

Lord, help me now to run the race
With patience, yet with urgency,
To show the lost Your saving grace
That rescues us eternally!  


No comments: