Thursday, September 06, 2012

Verifying His Voice

“Thou hast taught me.  How sweet are Thy words unto my taste!” (Psalm 119:102,103).  “My son, keep thy Father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee” (Proverbs 6:20,22).  “The LORD passed by… but the LORD was not in the wind… not in the earthquake… not in the fire: and after the fire, a still small voice… said, What doest thou here, Elijah?” (1 Kings 19:11-13). 

“Thou hast taught me!”  O how sweet
The words of God are to my taste!
Other words cannot compete:
My trust in God alone is placed!

I go:  He leads and I rejoice.
I sleep:  He keeps me in His care.
I wake:  He greets me with His voice,
Reminding me He’s always there.

Elijah surely found it so:
When he was weary, God drew near.
The voice of God was soft and low
That led him onward without fear.

We likewise listen to our God,
And find His words are verified,
Not by speeches men applaud,
But by His still small voice inside.

O Lord, we thank You for your Word
That speaks to us right where we are!  
There is no sweeter voice we’ve heard,
Which draws us near, who once were far.

No comments: