Friday, September 28, 2012

Sweetly Sworn

LORD, remember David… The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; He will not turn from it… This is My rest forever:  here will I dwell; for I have desired it… I will abundantly bless… I have ordained a lamp for Mine anointed” (Psalm 132:1,11-17).  “He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee… Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever” (Hebrews 13:5,8).

King David’s confidence is mine,
For God has surely heard my prayer
And given me His oath divine,
And I have sweetly rested there.

The Lord has sworn; He will not turn
From doing all He said He’ll do.
How joyfully I now discern
His oath to me is surely true!

The Lord has sworn, there’s no mistake
(He does not change, He is the same):
He’ll never leave me nor forsake
The souls that call upon His name.

He said, “This is My rest forever,”
As in my heart He chose to dwell.
There is no power that can sever
The Lord from those He saves from hell.

Ah, this forever is my rest,
That God has found His rest in me!
I hear His oath to me attest
That He will bless abundantly!

O Lord my Savior, King of kings,
There no sweeter resting place
Than in the shadow of Your wings
And in the promise of Your grace.

No comments: