Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rock of Reasons


“I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies…. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?.... The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted” (Psalm 18:1-3,31,46).

The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress of power,
My Savior, My God and my Strength from above,
My trustworthy Buckler, Salvation, and Tower:
In view of all this, tell me, what’s not to love?

O Lord, I will love You for so many reasons,
They cannot be counted or fully conveyed.
Through life in its peaceful and turbulent seasons,
You taught me to trust You and gave me Your aid.

O Lord, I will call on Your praiseworthy name,
And thus be assured I’ll be saved from my foes.
How sweet is the knowledge that You are the same
Though everywhere else instability grows.

Lord, You are the Rock!  There is no other one
Providing us with an eternal foundation!
Your marvelous work on the cross is now done
That ransomed our souls with so great a salvation!

O Lord, for the triumph that couldn’t be halted
When You vanquished sin and You conquered the grave,
Receive now our worship as You are exalted
As God of salvation Who lives now to save!

No comments: