Monday, May 28, 2012

Glorious Gladness

“I will extol Thee, O LORD, for Thou hast lifted me up… Thou hast healed me… Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent.  O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever” (Psalm 30:1,2,11,12).  “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!  How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!... For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen” (Romans 11:35,36). 

The glorious gladness that God has revealed
In Christ through His Gospel is shown,
For by Him we’re lifted from sin and are healed:
To Him be the glory alone!

This glorious gladness that lifts up our soul  
And heals us all of our days
Is found as we worship with joy and extol
Our Lord with thanksgiving and praise.

The glorious gladness in Jesus our Lord
Exceeds every temporal measure.
The depths of God’s wisdom and knowledge are stored
In Christ with unsearchable treasure!

A ransom was paid for this glorious gladness
That girds us with infinite favor.
Gone is the sackcloth of sin and of sadness,
Which Christ wore Himself as our Savior.

Lord, You are the Center of our celebration
Where glorious gladness is found,
For of You and through You we have our salvation,
And to You our praises abound.

No comments: